Orange is an acidic aromatic plant of the platoon, its medium-bodied, evergreen, round-topped and has thin, spindly spines, its flowers aromatic white and spherical, its native habitat in Southeast Asia, Europe and America, as cultivated all over the world.
The nutritional value of orange peel
Orange fruits and flowers are the richest fruits in vitamin C and are extracted from orange peel aromatic oil, and dripping flowers to extract the water of flowers known to all, and the nutritional value of every 100 grams of orange peel is shown in the following table:
Calories are 97 calories
Starches 25 grams
The protein is 1.50 grams
Total fat 0.20 g
Food fiber 10.6 grams
Vitamin B1 0.120 mg
Vitamin B 2 0.090 mg
Folic acid 30 micrograms
Vitamin B3 is 0.900 milligrams
Vitamin B 6 0.176 mg
Vitamin B 12
Vitamin A 420 IU
Vitamin C 136.0 milligrams
Vitamin E 0.25 micrograms
Sodium is 3 milligrams
Potassium 212 milligrams
Calcium 161 milligrams
Iron 0.80 milligrams
Magnesium 22 milligrams
Phosphorus 21 micrograms
Zinc 0.25 mg
The benefits of oranges
The orange peel and its benefits are great because of its high content of vitamin C and fiber. It is a powerful antioxidant that destroys free radicals and cleanses the body. Here are the most important healthy orange fumes:
- Orange reduces the possibility of blockage of the arteries, thus reducing the chances of stroke, heart attacks and arteriosclerosis, reduces blood pressure, and strengthens the work of the circulatory system in the body and the contents of the heart muscle and blood vessels, and found that orange peel lowers the proportion of cholesterol in the blood, Because the orange contains high amounts of vitamin C, which in turn all of the above.
- Protects the digestive system, and enhances its vital functions because of its high content of dietary fiber; it is useful for stomach, intestines and colon alike, has been found that orange reduces the symptoms of diarrhea and constipation, and can contribute to the treatment of symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, Studies have shown that orange has strong anti-oxidant properties that protect against colon cancer, reduce the risk of oral cancer, esophageal cancer, and stomach cancer by between 40-50%. In addition, eating an orange pill daily may help prevent stomach ulcers.
- Protect the respiratory system and promote its functions, and found that carotenoids found in oranges protect humans from lung cancer. Some studies have shown that eating one orange a day reduces the risk of lung cancer by 37% in smokers compared with smokers who do not eat oranges.
- Maintains blood sugar levels, so diabetics are advised to take oranges as a nutritious snack, and keep blood sugar levels under control.
- It supports the body’s immune system, prevents inflammation, allergies, and colds, and is an anti-cough and effective treatment for flu and colds due to its high vitamin C content and strong antioxidants.
Benefits of orange peel
Orange is very rich in nutrients, vitamins and food minerals; one medium-sized orange contains more than 60 varieties of flavonoids such as alpha, beta carotenoids, lutein, etc., and about 170 other plant nutrients. Most of these ingredients are concentrated in orange Studies, and the most important benefits of the orange peel include:
- Orange peel fights many cancers, such as skin cancer, lung, breast, stomach, and colon. It also reduces the risk of liver cancer. The reason may be because it contains antioxidant carotene compounds. The peel contains substances called polymethoxyflavones And a compound of lemonade, which constitute a protective shield against the formation of cancer and its development in various organs of the body.
- The cholesterol level in the blood is reduced by its high content of soluble fiber because it contains flavonoids, which reduce the level of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood.
- Promotes cardiovascular health as previously mentioned in the benefits of oranges, and maintains blood pressure levels.
- Boosts iron absorption in the intestine due to its high vitamin C content.
- It prevents constipation because of its high content of dietary fiber, which facilitates the work of the intestine and supports the functions of the digestive system, which prevents constipation and treatment, and this applies also to the intake of orange in addition to the husks because of the high content of dietary fiber also.
Benefits of orange peel for face and skin
Peel off the orange peel, remove the stains by grinding it and mix a teaspoon of powdered crust with a teaspoon of yogurt. For a homogeneous mask, apply this mask to the face once or twice a week, leave for 15-20 minutes and then wash with water for The orange peel also has natural properties that help to lighten and whiten the body’s sensitive places; such as subcutaneous and underarm.
Orange peel also has natural properties that help lighten and whiten the body’s sensitive areas such as sub-arm and sub-arm. This can be accomplished by drying the orange peel under the sun for several days, then grind it until you get a soft orange peel powder, Of orange peel powder with homogeneous proportions of milk and rose water to get a cohesive mix of textures, then put the mixture on the sensitive area to lighten for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with cold water and drying the area.